Councilmen, Fire Fighters Sworn in at Borough Reorganization Meeting
County Executive Kathleen Donovan swore in Councilmen Chris Visconti, Pat Pignatelli
It was plain to see Mayor Linda Schwager's love for her town as she spoke, looking back on the emergency services teams who assisted residents during the tumultuous time following Hurricane Sandy.
"I am so proud of Oakland," Schwager said. "Thank you, thank you all for your help."
During the borough's annual reorganization on Jan. 2., it was both a time to look back at 2012 and look ahead to 2013.
County Executive Kathleen Donovan swore in Councilman Chris Visconti, who expressed his hope for "small incremental improvements [as] part of a long-term plan" for Oakland.
She also swore in Councilman Pat Pignatelli, who thanked the other members of the council for their continuous dedication.
"It warms my heart when residents compliment [the council] for a job well done," he said, recalling the positive feedback he said he's received from residents.
Pignatelli also discussed his vision of a "sound financial management plan" that would prevent the spike in taxes that have affected Oakland residents in the past few years.
Also, Schwager administered the oath of office to the Oakland Volunteer Fire Department Officers:
- Peter Warnet, Jr., Fire Department Chief
- Curtis LeRoy, Assistant Chief Company No. 1
- David Hutsebaut, Assistant Chief Company No. 2
- Charles Kelly, Captain Company No. 1
- Vincent Incorvaia, Captain Company No. 2
- Vincent Dies and Mark Romme, Lieutenants Company No. 1
- Gary Walker and David O'Connor, Lieutenants Company No. 2
- Timothy DeBlock, Secretary
- Thomas Torpey and Peter Sondervan, Fire Mechanics
Have a question or news tip for Oakland Patch? Contact editor Joseph M. Gerace at Joseph.Gerace@patch.com, or find us on Facebook and Twitter. For news straight to your inbox every morning, sign up for our daily newsletter.